Market of Mums Limited (we/us/our) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Mom Trading Group Limited of Elizabeth House, 13-19 Queen Street, Leeds, LS1 2TW
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our site or App including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- information that you provide to us when registering an account on our App including your email address
- information that you provide when completing your profile on our App including (without limitation) your name, address, profile pictures, gender, date of birth;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address;
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our App, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use;
- information relating to any purchases you make or any other transactions that you enter into through our App including your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details;
- information that you post to our App for publication on the internet including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts;
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our app including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication;
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting;
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our App will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of our site.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer our App and business
- facilitate the sale of goods between persons who buy and sell products using our App
- personalise our site for you and to enable to you maintain a seller or buyer account on our App
- enable your use of the services available on our App
- send you non-marketing commercial communications
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
- send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our site or App
- keep our site and App secure and prevent fraud
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our site and App (including monitoring private messages sent through our Apps private messaging service)
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Financial transactions and role of PayPal
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to a third party enable any contract that you enter into and which is facilitated by our App to be concluded
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Retaining personal information
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.